Thursday, January 25, 2007

Watching my life change

It's interesting what goes on in your head when you are told that you are about to embark on an experience that will change your life. I have heard it before: when I started college, when I left home to start a "grown up" life of bills, when I had my daughter. I never heeded much caution, though. I never really paid attention to what my life was like at that moment so I could later reflect on how I changed. As I heard speaker after speaker tonight tell me that I never would be the same after this weekend, I decided I would listen this time. I will use this blog as a record. It will tell who I was as I waited for my big change. So, I am excited and anxious. I am ready to hear, see, touch, smell and even taste the next three days. I am relieved that there is a room full of people who still believe that there is a future for journalism. I hope that they will show me how I can be a part of that future.

-- Connie Llanos, education reporter, Daily News, Los Angeles, and California State University-Northridge

No comments: