Friday, January 26, 2007

Part of a new family

The first day of orientation has been exciting. Being in the presence of great journalists is inspiring, and this is only the first day. I remember when my husband came home from his Chips Quinn experience. The first thing he talked about was the great people he met -- fellow Scholars, speakers and mentors. I can see why he was so enthusiastic about me applying to the program. There was a warm, welcoming feeling in the room. Hearing jokes among veteran journalists and watching desserts being traded (I won’t mention any names) made me see that this is truly a family. I am very proud to be a part of this family, and I just hope that I “don’t mess up.”

-- Stephanie Armenta, Spring Scholar, The Arizona Republic, Phoenix, Arizona State University

No comments: