Friday, January 26, 2007

Blessed with opportunities

People who know me are aware of my feelings for the Freedom Forum and the programs that I have had the honor to be involved in -- the American Indian Journalism Institute and the Native American Newspaper Career Conference. The Chips Quinn program is not unlike these programs. In true Freedom Forum fashion, we are blessed with the opportunity to meet some of our industry's best. John Seigenthaler, a gentleman I met previously, gave us a great lesson in history. Again, in true Freedom Forum fashion, we received some free stuff as well. Of course, one of the most exciting aspects of the day was listening to a panel discussion titled “The Press, the Public and the Death Penalty,” which featured Kenneth Starr. I don't want to forget to mention everyone, both in front of and behind the scenes, who has made this program possible. As with all of the Freedom Forum's programs, only the best will do. Though this journey isn't over yet, I want to say thank you.

-- Craig Henry, online journalist, Argus Leader, Sioux Falls, S.D., and University of Oklahoma

No comments: