Thursday, February 1, 2007

I will survive

When I boarded the plane on Thursday, I had no idea what to expect in Nashville.

Meeting and listening to such wonderful people has lessened my fears about my internship. I appreciate how open and honest everyone has been. I will never forget these four days at the Diversity Institute.

We wore jeans and sneakers for our class photo, a first for Chips alums. I think Chips would be proud, seeing us in our everyday attire. We shared a fun Saturday night, singing karaoke. We got on stage and sang “I Will Survive.”

Now that I think about it, the song we chose was perfect for all of us nervous interns entering the real world of journalism. Having gone through the program and being a part of this family, I know that we all will survive our new experience.

I hope John Quinn (CQS program founder) knows how much he has done for a person like me. Being a Chipster will always be a part of me. I also appreciate the interest Mr. Quinn has taken in getting to know each of us. He is truly a remarkable person, and I hope to impress him someday with my writing career. Thank you for this wonderful experience.

-- Stephanie Armenta, Spring Scholar, The Arizona Republic, Phoenix and Arizona State University

No comments: